ITPS is a growing and highly accredited Managed Service Provider (Tier 1 Microsoft and a Cisco Enterprise Security Partner and is NHS HSCN accredited). We own and operate a Tier 3+ 500 rack capacity Data Centre and are well positioned to provide Mid-Market and Corporate clients with a mix of Public and Hybrid Cloud Services, Security, Connectivity and Data Analytics.
Location: Our Head Office is based in Chester le Street and we do offer hybrid working to all employees.
What we can offer you:
- Hybrid/flexible working
- Perkbox membership
- 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 5% Company pension contribution scheme
- Onsite canteen area kitted out with a TV and pool table
- Regular paid for social nights out
- Individual training & development plans
- A friendly working environment
- Company car/car allowance**
Our Service Engineer (2nd line) role is a technical role with customer service at the heart of everything we do. You will be working as part of the wider Service Delivery department, focusing on resolving customer issues proactively and reactively, providing telephone, email and remote support for external and internal customers. The focus is ensuring the customer needs are put first and the customer experience has to be exceptional.
- Fault diagnosis and resolution, providing remote support, providing regular ticket updates and responding to emails promptly whilst delivering a high-quality customer experience with excellent communication and customer care
- Meeting service level agreements and deadlines
- Working effectively as part of the service team, often unsupervised
- Escalating incidents to Senior Engineers when required
- Active participation in continuous improvement activities and any training required for the role
- Support at customer meetings with either the HOD, Team Leader or the Account Manager
- Provide customer support documentation
- Complete daily timesheets in line with company requirements
- Attend customer sites where necessary
- Have a flexible approach to shift working
- Good knowledge and experience of working with all; Windows, Virtualisation, Servers, Storage, Networking, Internet and Security
- ICT related qualification such as ITIL Foundation, intermediate Microsoft or CISCO qualification (for example studying towards or obtained CCNA, Microsoft Teams Administrator Associate, Azure Administrator Associate, VMWare)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- At least 2 years of 2nd line helpdesk experience including trouble shooting and problem resolution
- Intermediate level of knowledge of computer hardware build and repair
- Intermediate level of knowledge of installing operating systems; installation of removal of general software, dealing with virus infected machines and malware protection software.
- Intermediate level of virtualisation (VMWare, HyperV)
- Knowledge of terminal server environments preferably RDS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
Please submit an up to date CV to email@example.com if this position sounds of interest to you.