ITPS is a growing and highly accredited Managed Service Provider (Tier 1 Microsoft and a Cisco Enterprise Security Partner and is NHS HSCN accredited). We own and operate a Tier 3+ 500 rack capacity Data Centre and are well positioned to provide Mid-Market and Corporate clients with a mix of Public and Hybrid Cloud Services, Security, Connectivity and Data Analytics.
Location: Our Head Office is based in Drum Industrial Estate, Chester le Street. We do offer hybrid working however there is a requirement to attend Head Office at least 2 days per week.
What we can offer you:
24 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising after years service)
5% Company pension contribution scheme
Onsite canteen area kitted out with a TV and pool table
Regular paid for social events
Individual training & development plans
A friendly working environment
We are recruiting for a Patching Engineer to join our Service Delivery department.
You will be responsible for providing patch related support to meet the latest PCI compliance and other corporate patch governance requirements. You will require deep analytical thinking based on research results to assess software patches, registry updates and configuration changes to be applied to varied infrastructure.
You will provide assessment including security, system, and business impact therefore you must have a good understanding of the security implications of a patch.
Finally, you will need to be able to quantify the risks and opportunities (for better security) when the patch is applied in business impact.
The working hours for this role are 3pm – 11pm.
- Assess software patches and create recommended patch list with logical explanation in terms of compliance.
- Develop and optimise pre- and post-patching process to ensure proper implementation without any outages.
- Score each patch based on risks & opportunity to prioritise. Identify which patches are more valuable to the organisation than others.
- Coordinate patch scheduling with other teams, infrastructure management, security operations, governance & risk. Communicate project and operational metrics.
- Assist in developing action plans, schedules, status, and metrics reports as well as other management communications intended to improve and enterprise patch management program.
- Thorough testing of patches in a non-production environment. Must be able to think ahead to avoid business outages based on the test results.
- Develop and implement patch and vulnerability remediation process including package creation, testing, and deployment.
- Implement patches as per patch schedule.
- Create and maintain reports for patch compliance and system audit data.
- Participate in ongoing operational projects.
- Provide recommendations for system automation.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise.
- Document issues and associated resolutions to problems.
- Participate in OS patch management and coordination.
- Develop and test Windows security patch packages.
- Troubleshoot Windows OS and Microsoft application security patch installations.
- Ongoing maintenance & administration of assigned systems.
- Strong understanding of data communication concepts and network/software configuration management.
- Familiar with standard security best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server administration and engineering.
- Knowledge of Windows File Servers, IIS, DHCP and DNS.
- Knowledge of PCI Remediation and various audit requirements.
- Individual must interact extensively with all levels of management, business and IT, and is required to act in a professional and confident manner.
- Self-motivator possessing a high sense of urgency and a high level of integrity.
- Industry-related certifications are advantageous.
Please submit an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if this position sounds of interest to you.