ITPS is a growing and highly accredited Managed Service Provider (Tier 1 Microsoft and a Cisco Enterprise Security Partner and is NHS HSCN accredited). We own and operate a Tier 3+ 500 rack capacity Data Centre and are well positioned to provide Mid-Market and Corporate clients with a mix of Public and Hybrid Cloud Services, Security, Connectivity and Data Analytics.
Location: Our Head Office is based in Chester le Street and we do offer hybrid working to all employees.
What we can offer you:
- Hybrid/flexible working
- Perkbox membership
- 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 5% Company pension contribution scheme
- Onsite canteen area kitted out with a TV and pool table
- Regular paid for social nights out
- Individual training & development plans
- A friendly working environment
- Company car/car allowance**
Our Helpdesk Engineer role is a technical role with customer service at the heart of everything we do. You will be working as part of the wider Service Delivery department, focusing on resolving customer issues proactively and reactively, providing telephone, email and remote support for external and internal customers. The focus is ensuring the customer needs are put first and the customer experience has to be exceptional.
- Fault diagnosis and resolution, providing remote support, providing regular ticket updates and responding to emails promptly whilst delivering a high-quality customer experience with excellent communication and customer care
- Meeting service level agreements and deadlines
- Working effectively as part of the service team, often unsupervised
- Escalating incidents to Service or Senior Service Engineers when required
- Active participation in continuous improvement activities and any training required for the role
- Support at customer meetings with either the HOD, Team Leader or the Account Manager
- Provide customer support documentation
- Complete daily timesheets in line with company requirements
- Attend customer sites where necessary
- Have a flexible approach to shift working
- Have an understanding of; Windows, Virtualisation, Servers, Storage, Networking, Internet and Security
- At least 1 ICT related qualification – Network+, A+ or Microsoft MCP
- Basic level of knowledge of installing operating systems; installation of removal of general software and dealing with virus infected machines
- At least 1-2 years of previous helpdesk experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience in the delivery of basic desktop trouble shooting services
- Basic level of knowledge of computer hardware build and repair
- Ability to research a problem and find a solution using on line resources.
Please submit an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if this position sounds of interest to you.